During its 2016 Annual Conference, April 26-30, at the Hilton Bonnet Creek, Orlando, Fla., the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) elected John McTyre, McTyre Trucking, Orlando, Fla., as President. Joining McTyre as officers for the 2016-2017 term are:
- Bruce Forster, Rigging Gear Sales, Dixon, Ill.
- Vice President: Terry Young, Construction Safety Experts, Cary, N.C.
- Treasurer: Delynn Burkhalter, Burkhalter, Columbus, Miss.
- Assistant Treasurer: Gary Stang, Anderson Trucking Service, St. Cloud, Minn.
Also joining the Board are four newly elected Group Chairs:
- Allied Industries Group: Ben Forster, Riggers Manufacturing, Dixon, Ill.
- Crane & Rigging Group: Ted Redmond, NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Transportation Group: J. Rozum, MSA Delivery Service, Canton, Mich.
- Ladies Group: Jeannie Montgomery, Intermountain Rigging & Heavy Haul, Salt Lake City, Utah
The newly-elected officers will serve one-year terms that will expire at the Association’s next Annual Conference, to be held April 18-22 at the Westin Kierland Resort, Scottsdale, Ariz.
Additionally, SC&RA elected the following six new Board members to serve three-year terms:
- Alan Ashlock, Maxim Crane Works, Orlando, Fla.
- Peter Juhren, Morrow Equipment Company, Salem, Ore.
- Rob Weiss, Cranes, Inc., Maspeth, N.Y.
- Chris Easter, Keen Transport, New Kingstown, Pa.
- Ray Morgan, Perkins Specialized Transport, Northfield, Minn.
- Dave Wittwer, Hays Companies, Salt Lake City, Utah
The Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) is an international trade association of more than 1,300 members from 46 nations. Members are involved in specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting and crane and rigging operations, manufacturing and rental. SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices; and providing four yearly forums where these and other relevant member issues can be advanced.