During its 2015 Annual Conference, April 14-18, at La Costa Resort & Conference Center, Carlsbad, Calif., the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) elected Bruce Forster, Rigging Gear Sales, Dixon, Ill., as President. Joining Forster as officers for the 2015-2016 term are:
- Chairman: Alan Barnhart, Barnhart, Memphis, Tenn.
- Vice President: John McTyre, McTyre Trucking, Orlando, Fla.
- Treasurer: Delynn Burkhalter, Burkhalter, Columbus, Miss.
- Assistant Treasurer: Terry Young, Construction Safety Experts, Cary, N.C.
Also joining the Board are four newly elected Group Chairs:
- Allied Industries Group: Tony Fastuca, Python America, Hazel Crest, Ill.
- Crane & Rigging Group: Rob Weiss, Cranes, Inc., Maspeth, N.Y.
- Transportation Group: Sean Claton, Midwest Specialized Transportation, Rochester, Minn.
- Ladies Group: Karen Wood, WHECO Corporation, Richland, Wash.
The newly-elected officers will serve one-year terms that will expire at the Association’s next Annual Conference, to be held April 26-30, 2016 at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, Orlando Fla.
Additionally, SC&RA elected the following six new Board members to serve three-year terms:
- Larry Curran, JJ Curran Crane Company, Detroit, Mich.
- Ted Redmond, NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Services, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Mike Vlaming, Vlaming & Associates, Vallejo, Calif.
- Mike Card, Combined Transport, Central Point, Ore.
- Paul DeLong, Paul DeLong Heavy Haul, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Toni Sabia, Transport Systems & Products, Stamford, Ct.
The Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) is an international trade association of more than 1,300 members from 46 nations. Members are involved in specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting and crane and rigging operations, manufacturing and rental. SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices; and providing four yearly forums where these and other relevant member issues can be advanced.