The 2011 Annual Conference of the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) pledges to assist attendees in “Lifting Your Business. Carrying You Forward.” SC&RA plans to accomplish that during the Annual Conference, April 12-15, at the Hotel del Coronado, San Diego, Calif., through a program that includes more than 50 sessions for education, networking, and industry/business development. The Annual Conference is expected to attract more than 500 attendees from all facets of the industry throughout the world.
Among the anticipated highlights are the Products Fair with 70 exhibitors; the Rigging and Hauling Jobs of the Year Competitions; the Annual Awards and Recognition Dinner; the SC&RA Foundation’s Good Vibrations Beach Party; the President’s Reception; golf, tennis and fun run events; and special receptions for international members, first-time attendees and spouses.
World-renowned speakers who will educate and entertain attendees during special sessions throughout the Conference include:
- Opening session speaker Steve Farber will draw from his latest book, Greater than Yourself: The Ultimate Lesson in Leadership, a Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestseller. With his powerful three-step approach, he will reveal how your organization can achieve explosive results by encouraging every leader and employee to take on a “Greater than Yourself” relationship for personal growth and productivity.
- A panel of experts from NBIS, SC&RA’s exclusively-endorsed property/casualty insurance partner, will discuss issues and concerns regarding enforcement of contracts in today’s economy. Speakers include Robert Moore, Chief Legal Officer; Bill Smith, Executive Vice President, Claims and Risk Management; John Schoppert, Loss Contral Manager; and Kate Lasky, Associate Corporate Attorney.
- In her presentation,“The 8 Essential Elements of Human Synergy,” Robyn Benincasa will explain how to build world-class teams and highlight the skills necessary for dynamic role shifting and true teamwork. Her accomplishments as a world champion adventure racer, San Diego Firefighter, founder of World Class Teams and its Sister company, Flashover Seminars have been featured on such TV show as Today and Dateline NBC and magazines such as Vogue, Sports Illustrated, Harpers Bazaar and Outside.
- Bill Clement’s 11 years in the National Hockey League, leading to two Stanley Cup Championships, taught him that, regardless of job title or positions, everyone can be a powerful leader, especially in the Red Zones – the times of adversity. He will explain the key steps to maximizing contributions from colleagues who may see themselves only as minor players and share his insights on unifying an entire organization while disabling the number one enemy of personal success – fear.
- During his “Train as You Fight – Fight as You Train” presentation, former U.S. Army Ranger Keni Thomas, recipient of the Bronze Star for Valor, will stress the importance of leadership, teamwork and training as vital steps to success in battle and in life. At the heart of his presentation is his experience during the Battle of Mogadishu in Somalia, immortalized in the book and movie Black Hawk Down. He was a consultant for the movie.
Until February 11, early-bird registration fees are available at $599 for members, $319 for their spouses,and $249 for children (12 to 18). Fees include receptions, a buffet lunch, continental breakfasts, and refreshment breaks.
Visit the SC&RA Website now to review the program, learn more about the hotel, and register as an attendee or exhibitor. Information is also available by calling SC&RA at (703) 698-0291.
The Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association (SC&RA) is an international trade association of more than 1,300 members from 43 nations. Members are involved in specialized transportation, machinery moving and erecting, industrial maintenance, millwrighting and crane and rigging operations, manufacturing and rental. SC&RA helps members run more efficient and safer businesses by monitoring and affecting pending legislation and regulatory policies at the state and national levels; researching and reporting on safety concerns and best business practices; and providing four yearly forums where these and other relevant member issues can be advanced.