Recently Van Beest was audited by DNV (Det Norske Veritas). With a positive result; Green Pin® Standard and Green Pin® Polar shackles are now DNV Type Approved to standard for certification 2.22 Lifting Appliances.
This Standard for Certification provides criteria and guidance for certification and verification of the design, materials, fabrication, installation, testing and commissioning of lifting appliances, mainly intended for cranes and other lifting appliances onboard ships and offshore installations.
The certificate S-7925 confirms compliance of the above mentioned types of shackles with this DNV standard. The approval of design, material and production process make individual testing unnecessary, so it saves a lot of time and money.
With this latest certificate, the recognition of these high quality products is confirmed once more.
To give an overview: Green Pin® Standard and Green Pin® Polar shackles now carry two DNV type approval certificates that show compliance with:
- DNV 2.7-1 Offshore Containers
- EN 12079-2 Offshore containers and associated lifting sets
- EN 13889 Forged steel shackles for general lifting purposes IMO/MSC Circular 860
- US Federal Specification RR-C-271
- DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.7-3 Portable Offshore Units DNV Standard for Certification No. 2.22 Lifting Appliances
For more information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org