Jergens, Inc. is proud to announce that the company has passed its Quality Suppliers List for Manufacturers (QSLM) audit which was conducted on January 9, 2013. The purpose of the audit was to maintain the company’s approval as a supplier of Quick-Release Pins to the US Department of Defense. The criteria for passing the audit is similar to ISO9001:2008 standards, with more emphasis on certification and traceability to raw material physical and chemical properties.
By passing this important and comprehensive audit, Jergens, Inc., continues to operate as an approved supplier of Quick-Release Pins for use by the United States Dept. of Defense and all other federal entities which utilize these unique locking pins.
Jergens Kwik-Lok®, Quick-Release Pins were designed provide fast, easy, positive engagement and high holding strength for applications requiring frequent, repetitive use. Simple, smooth operation makes Jergens Kwik-Lok® Pins an ideal replacement for detent, clevis and cotter pins. Beyond military uses, other Kwik-Lok® applications include general industrial/manufacturing, aviation and medical, recreational and marine equipment.
The 17-4 PH-grade stainless steel construction of Jergens Kwik-Lok®, Quick-Release Pins permit installation in corrosive, wet and other harsh or caustic operating environments. Other available materials and finishes include heat-treated alloy steel and cadmium-plating.
Jergens Kwik-Lok®, Quick-Release Pin features & benefits include among others…
- Rugged, durable construction ideal for extreme environments
- Firm, even grip for smooth operation
- Includes hole and ring for easy attachment of optional lanyard
- High impact resistance
- Quick insertion and removal
- Double-acting pins activated by push or pull motion
- Multiple handle styles for a wide range of applications
Jergens Kwik-Lok®, Quick-Release Pins are produced under the following manufacturing standards:
- NAS Number NASM 1334 – NASM 1348 is also available.
- MS / NASM Numbers 17984-90
- Special Military and Aerospace size and configurations are available.
More information about Jergens Kwik-Lok®, Quick-Release Pins information are available at www.jergensinc.com/site/showcase_KLP.