The Association of Crane & Rigging Professionals (ACRP) recently held their General Assembly meeting, May 10-13 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Approximately 80 safety professionals attended the the annual meeting which included educational sessions on technical topics, such as boom assembly/disassembly and center of gravity techniques, as well case studies showing barge lifts, overhead crane lifts, and industrial roller applications. Attendees also had the opportunity to tour the Manitowoc cranes facility.
At the ACRP annual meeting, new officers were elected:
- President – Scott Fleming, Unirope Limited, Mississauga, Ontario
- Vice-President – John Hellums, Bishop Lifting Products, Houston, Texas
- Secretary/Treasurer – Ron Overton, Overton Safety Products, Aloha, Ore.
As well as new the board Board of Directors members were announced:
- Jeff Hairston – RHTC, Inc., West Monroe, La.
- Jeffrey Roach – American Electric Power, Point Pleasant, W.V.
- Joseph Uva – Skanska USA, Parisppany, N.J.
- Michael Barrett – J.F. White Contracting, Framington, Mass.
- Mike Smith – Crane Rental Corporation, Orlando, Fla.
- Peter Cooke – Columbus McKinnon, Amherst, N.Y.
- Pinchas Leitner – Lifting Solutions, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- Terry Driscoll – John Sakach Company, St. Louis, Mo.
For more information on ACRP, please visit their website: www.acrp.net