Crosby, the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of premium accessories used in lifting, rigging and load securement applications, is excited to announce a partnership to provide global markets with Tycan® lashing chain. Crosby has teamed up with Load Solutions (Norway), the developer of the innovative DNV GL certified Tycan® chain, to become the exclusive provider of the product to global lashing markets. “We could not be more excited about this opportunity and the benefits that this new lashing chain will provide to our customers” said Mike Wheeler, Director of Product Development for Crosby. “It’s exactly the kind of forward-thinking and ingenuity we at Crosby demand of our product offerings, and that we know our customers have come to expect from all of our endeavors”.
Alex Rock, Sales and Marketing Manager at Load Solutions AS adds “The strategic partnering of the world’s first high performance fiber chain with the world’s leading manufacturer of premium accessories is a great opportunity for customers, anywhere in the world”.
Rather than metal, the innovative new chain is constructed entirely of DSM’s high performance material, Dyneema®, an Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene regarded as the world’s strongest man-made synthetic fiber. Eight layers of webbing are crafted into exceedingly strong Mobius twists, then bound to one another in a traditional chain link configuration. The new design boasts a variety of advantages over steel chain, including:
- Lighter – Tycan® is eight times lighter than regular steel chain – light enough for one person to work with all day long.
- More durable – Tycan® is extremely resistant to abrasions and cuts. Oil, dirt, diesel, grease, non-oxidizing chemicals, UV, etc. all have no impact on the capacity or functionality. If you need to clean it, you can put it in a washing machine.
- Less damaging – It’s gentler on equipment, environment, and crew. It’s also non-corrosive.
- Safer – The light weight, strength and softness of Tycan® all contribute to reduced accidents and damages for both crew and cargo.
- Environmentally Friendly – The manufacturing process for Tycan® is gentler on the environment than traditional manufacturing methods involved in the creation metal chain.
- Non-conductive –Safer than metal chain for use in a variety of applications and environments.
- Waterproof – The light weight and buoyant properties of Tycan® means it floats on water.
- Quieter – Tycan® is virtually silent compared to the loud clanking of metal chain.
For more information about Tycan® lashing chain, including a video to see it in action, please visit www.Tycan.thecrosbygroup.com.
Product will be available from Crosby beginning in Q1 2017.