The 2015 API Offshore Safe Lifting Conference & Expo will take place July 14, 2015 – July 15, 2015. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about the latest in offshore developments while sharing experiences, practices, and even information on real-life incidents. The major theme of this year’s event will be “SEMS and OCS Lift Operations – Minimizing the Risk On and Offshore”, covering how lifting operations fit into the overall philosophy of an operators Safety and Environmental Management System, now required by the BSEE.
Keynote speakers for Tuesday include Chris Peterson, Titan Salvage, on Raising the Costa Concordia, a Wreck Removal Feat. Additional keynote speakers include Brian Salerno, BSEE Director (invited) and Paul Thomas, USCG Rear Admiral (invited). Wednesday’s keynote speakers include Stephen Turner, NASA, on Safe Lifting Practices at NASA. Additional Keynote Speakers include Scott Hardley, Chief, Office of Design and Engineering Standards, USCG and Doug Morris, Chief, Office of Offshore Regulatory Programs, BSEE.
Conference Sessions Include:
- BSEE/USCG Perspective on Crane Safety Issues
- API RP 2D and Spec 2C: Changes from 6th to 7th Edition
- API CCU Specification Overview
- Lift Planning including JSAs / JHAs
- Data Session – Safe Lifting Committee
- Operational Procedures & Safe Work Practices
- Offshore Platform Decommissioning, Plugging and Abandonment
- Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance of Critical Equipment
- Shore Based Lifting Operations and Pre Slinging Loads
- BSEE Industry Statistics
- Safe Lifting Studies & Initiatives
- Decommissioning, Plugging and Abandonment
- Lifting Incident Investigation
- Training and Best Practices
- Regulators Panel
If you’re interested in registering to be an exhibitor, you can register here. The registration fee is $395. To be eligible for this rate, the additional Sponsor/Exhibitor must be a direct employee of exhibiting or sponsoring company. API will request proof (i.e. business card) of direct employment and ID at the conference registration desk. This fee includes full conference registration, including admission to all conference sessions, exhibit area, and receptions.
For more articles on API, please click here.