Fluoramics Inc., a leading manufacturer of sealants, greases, and rust inhibitors, has introduced a solvent-free spray can for its HinderRUST® S4.0 rust inhibitor. Typical rust inhibitors use solvent-based aerosol propellants, which cannot be used in enclosed areas. By utilizing an innovative bag-on-valve (BoV) technology, the HinderRUST spray can uses no solvent-based propellants yet delivers a pin-point stream of aggressive rust inhibitors that simplifies and speeds application.
The BoV system not only produces a superior spray dispensor, but also achieves a more sustainable ecological footprint and safer application environment. Compared to traditional aerosol spray technology, the HinderRUST BoV system uses compressed air and delivers several benefits for industrial and commercial users as well as consumers:
- HinderRUST dispenses in a pinpoint stream capable of covering hard-to-reach surfaces up to 12 feet away.
- The HinderRUST BoV dispenser requires no pumping or straw and can be sprayed evenly from all angles, even upside down.
- Unlike traditional aerosols, the BoV system separates the rust inhibitor product from the propellants thanks to an FDA-approved laminated bag installed inside the aluminum can. This enables the compress-air propellant to squeeze the bag and dispense the product.
- A compressed air propellant is more environmentally friendly than solvent-based propellants.
- Compressed air propellants have none of the flammability concerns of traditional solvent propellants.
- All of the pieces of the HinderRUST 8 oz. BoV spray can are 100% recyclable.
HinderRUST S4.0 is a solvent-free rust-stopping product that aggressively wets and spreads across application surfaces. The lubricating agent in HinderRUST not only attacks corrosion, but also frees up frozen joints and fasteners. The uses for HinderRUST are endless and include protecting newly machined parts and equipment against flash rust, protecting chains, wire rope cables, tools, and firearms, or acting as a temporary rust stopper until a final paint repair can be scheduled.
HinderRUST is available in three solvent-free versions: R2.0 for short-term surface protection, which is removable by heavy washing to allow for final finishing; S4.0 for standard rust-stopping protection; and HV100, which slowly self-polymerizes over time and provides added protection in cases of extreme exposure to rust-producing conditions.